Our Fundraising Promise
At The Ipswich Hospital Charity, we have developed our fundraising activity with our donors, patients and relatives in mind. Thanks to our dedicated, committed and loyal supporters, the charity is able to fund additional items of equipment, enhance facilities and conduct research to improve the patient experience and level of care already offered by the Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust. We promise to make the best use of each donation and we work hard to ensure that exceptional standards of supporter care are delivered to everyone who is kind enough to consider supporting us. You can be reassured that any donation, whatever its size and whether from patients, relatives or our local community is warmly appreciated. This promise outlines the commitment The Ipswich Hospital Charity makes to our supporters. Thank you.
We are committed to high standards
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds, comply with the Fundraising Code of Practice and with this Promise
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment
We are honest and open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs
We are clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment
We are respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so
We are fair and reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption
We are accountable
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint.
- We have a complaints procedure, a copy of which is available on the website or available on request
We’re are an active member of the Association of NHS Charities and registered with the Charity Commission. We abide by the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Fundraising Practice and Fundraising Promise.